CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® Bakeware Safety and Usage Instructions
CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware is made of lightweight, yet durable Vitrelle® glass. Glass is breakable, and must be handled with care. There are three primary risks associated with using glass bakeware for cooking.
- Risk of breakage due to impact if the dish is dropped or knocked against a hard object.
- Risk of breakage due to sudden temperature change applied to the glass.
- Risk of burning when handling hot bakeware.
Any breakage or shattering of your bakeware may result in personal injury or property damage. Discontinue using any bakeware that has been subjected to any conduct that is contrary to the express instructions and warnings below.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE WARNINGS BELOW MAY CAUSE YOU OR SOMEONE IN YOUR KITCHEN TO BE SERIOUSLY BURNED, OR MAY CAUSE YOUR BAKEWARE TO BREAK OR SHATTER IMMEDIATELY OR LATER.
- Avoid Sudden Temperature Changes to your Glass Bakeware. To avoid the risk of breakage due to a sudden temperature change to your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware, DO NOT: add liquid to hot bakeware; place hot bakeware on a wet or cool surface; or handle hot bakeware with a wet towel, wet potholder or other wet cloth. DO NOT place hot bakeware directly on a countertop or any metal surface, or in the sink. Allow hot bakeware to cool on a CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® Bamboo Server, a cooling rack, potholder or dry cloth.
Be sure to allow hot bakeware to cool as provided above before washing, refrigerating or freezing.
- Oven Must be Preheated Before Inserting Bakeware. DO NOT insert bakeware into oven for cooking or reheating until the oven has been preheated to the desired temperature.
- DO NOT Use On or Under a Flame or Other Direct Heat Source. DO NOT use on stovetop, under a broiler, on a grill or in a toaster oven.
- Add Liquid to the Bottom of Bakeware when Cooking Certain Foods. When preparing foods that may release liquid, add a small amount of liquid sufficient to cover the bottom of the bakeware prior to cooking.
- Avoid Handling Hot Bakeware Without Appropriate Protection for Your Hands, such as Potholders or Thick Towel.
- Avoid Microwave Misuse. DO NOT: (1) use bakeware to microwave popcorn or convenience foods wrapped in
heat-concentrating material (such as a special browning wrapper); (2) heat empty or nearly empty bakeware in the microwave; or (3) overheat oil or butter in microwave (use minimum cooking time; check on oil or butter before applying additional, minimal amount of microwave cooking time).
- Be Careful When Handling Broken Glass. Broken glass pieces may be extremely sharp and difficult to locate; wear gloves and shoes when cleaning up broken glass.
- Avoid Using or Repairing Damaged Bakeware. DO NOT use or repair any bakeware that is chipped, cracked or severely scratched.
- Avoid Impact Breakage. DO NOT drop or hit bakeware against a hard object.
- DO NOT strike utensils against rim to dislodge food.
How to Use and Care for your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® Bakeware
Before first use, wash your new CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware in order to remove a clear protective coating. CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware can be used for warming, baking and reheating food in microwave ovens, and in preheated conventional or convection ovens.
CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware is dishwasher safe, and may also be washed by hand. When using dishwasher, load dishes in a manner to avoid bumping against other items during dishwashing cycle. When cleaning your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware, use non-abrasive cleansers. If scouring is necessary, use only plastic or nylon cleaning pads, again with non-abrasive cleansers.
This product is intended for normal household use only; it is not intended for camping, industrial or commercial use.
CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® Accessories Safety and Usage Instructions
There are two types of lids for your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware – glass lids and plastic lids.
- Can be used as a cover for your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware in a preheated oven.
- Can be used in a preheated oven, microwave oven, refrigerator or freezer.
- When cleaning glass lids, use non-abrasive cleansers. If scouring is necessary, use only plastic or nylon cleaning pads, again with non-abrasive cleansers.
- The warnings provided above for your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware also apply to glass lids.
- Can be used in a microwave oven, refrigerator or freezer.
- DO NOT use in a conventional or convection oven.
- DO NOT Use On or Under a Flame or Other Direct Heat Source.
- DO NOT use on stovetop, under a broiler, on a grill or in a toaster oven.
When used for hot foods:
- Prepare and bake or microwave foods in your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware in accordance with the above Safety and Usage Instructions. Approximately four minutes before your hot dish is ready to put in the carrier, heat the hot/cold pack in your microwave oven in accordance with the microwave heating instructions on the hot/cold pack. Avoid over-heating the hot/cold pack.
- The carrying case cannot be used in a microwave oven.
- Hot foods should be at appropriate temperature when placed into the carrying case. As soon as possible, and no more than two minutes after removing the CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware from the microwave or oven, carefully put the plastic lid directly on the hot dish. Immediately place dish in carrying case. Use the zipper to close the bag and clip to lock the handles in place.
- Use potholders to remove the hot/cold pack from the microwave, with caution. Use potholders to slide the hot/cold pack under the inside bottom flap of the carrying case.
When used for cold foods:
- Lay the hot/cold pack in your freezer. Freeze overnight (more than 8 hours). If your freezer temperature is at or above 0º F (-12ºC), the hot/cold pack may remain somewhat flexible. If the hot/cold pack becomes too stiff and does not fit inside the pocket of the carrier, you may have to let it set for up to two minutes until it softens so that it is flexible.
- Prepare and refrigerate or freeze cold foods in your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware. Cold food must be thoroughly chilled to 40ºF (4.4ºC) or colder when placed in the carrying case. Allow adequate time after food preparation to chill properly.
- Slide the hot/cold pack into the inside bottom of the carrying case. Put the plastic lid on the CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware. Immediately place the dish in the carrier. Use the zipper to close the bag and clip the handles in place.
Transporting your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® Portables™:
- Close carrying case zipper and secure the hook clip. Carrying case should be held/carried as level as possible to avoid leakage.
- Plastic lids are not airtight. Overfilled dishes or liquid from foods may leak. Be sure to use the plastic lid whenever you transport food in your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware. As with any covered dish, condensation may develop on the underside of the plastic lid. Remove lid with care.
- DO NOT put serving utensils inside carrier, this can cut or damage the interior.
- DO NOT drop or bump carrying case, this may break the CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® bakeware inside.
Cleaning your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® Portables™:
- Hot/cold pack: clean with a sponge or cloth using soap and hot water. Do not place in washing machine, dishwasher or dryer.
- Carrying case: hand wash only, wipe clean with damp sponge or cloth.
DO NOT use bleach. Hang to dry. Do not iron. To prevent mildew, make sure carrying case is completely dry.
Storing your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® Portables™:
- When the carrying case is not in use, you can store your hot/cold pack in the designated pockets of the carrying case. Make sure the hot/cold pack is completely cooled or completely thawed before storing. Wipe the hot/cold pack and carrying case dry before storing in order to prevent mildew.
- The hold/cold pack also can be stored lying flat in your freezer.
How to Use and Care for your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® Bamboo Server:
- Your bamboo server can be used to transport and serve your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® 3-quart rectangular bakeware from the oven to the table. It can also be used as a cutting board or serving piece. Please transport by handling with side handles.
- Regular rinsing with warm water and mild detergent are recommended. The bamboo server is not dishwasher safe. Periodically treat the surface with food grade mineral or wood conditioning oil to seal the wood and maintain the beauty of the bamboo tray.
- DO NOT use in oven, microwave or dishwasher.
STAINLESS CRADLE WITH BAMBOO HANDLES
How to Use and Care for your CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® Stainless Cradle with Bamboo Handles:
- Your cradle can be used to transport your hot CORNINGWARE® SimplyLite® 1.5- and 2.5-quart square bakers. Place ovenware in cradle and handle at bamboo handles while carrying.
- Regular rinsing with warm water and mild detergent are recommended. The stainless cradle with bamboo handles is not dishwasher safe. Periodically treat the bamboo handles with food grade mineral or wood conditioning oil to seal the wood and maintain the beauty of the bamboo handles.
- DO NOT use in oven, microwave or dishwasher.